There are few more recognisable athletes in the world than Edson Arantes do Nascimento, better known to the world as Pele. While the three-time FIFA World Cup winner is frequently hailed as the greatest player ever, it's the combination of his mesmerising on-the-pitch skills and dignified demeanour off it that have made the Brazilian among the most popular sportsmen of all time. But Pele's affability should not overshadow his remarkable career achievements. He remains the only player to have ever won the FIFA World Cup three times and is one of just four men to have scored in two FIFA World Cup Finals. He found the net an astonishing 77 times in 91 matches for his nation. In 1959 he scored 127 goals. In 1970, Pele led Brazil in what was arguably the greatest tournament performance ever. Alongside fellow Selecao icons Jairzinho, Rivelino, Carlos Alberto and Tostao, he displayed the devastating blend of artistry and ruthlessness that guided Brazil to their Azteca destruction of Italy in the final. It was Pele's Brazil in a nutshell: beautiful but brutal and ultimately glorious.
- Pays tribute to arguably the greatest footballer ever, Pele
- Deluxe display features an official Adidas boot, personally signed by Pele in gold paint pen
- Features action imagery of Pele throughout his illustrious career
- Limited to just 25 editions worldwide
- Each edition comes accompanied by an official Icons UK Certificate of Authenticity, with matching hologram
- Approximate framed dimensions are 700 x 250mm
All Icons product comes with a Certificate of Authenticity, which includes the details of the signing session and a photo of the player signing the product line at the signing session, where available. Details of the company are registered with Companies House (UK) and their company number is 06791294; this is always displayed on the COAs. Icons Shop Ltd are easily traceable and subject to UK law. Icons’ Managing Director personally signs every COA; they don't reproduce any signatures, ever, even for this small task.